How to transform your Blog Post into a Press Release & gain massive exposure ?
What is a Press Release ?
A press release, news release, media release, press statement or video release is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing something ostensibly newsworthy. Typically, they are mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to assignment editors at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations, or television networks.
Today we have several services, mostly paid and some free , that accept your well written press release article and forward this Press release to all the major authorities so that you won't have to submit individually to them all.
A press release is a written communication that purports to report on an event, circumstance or occurrence by a third party, and is provided to the news media for the purpose of promotion.
Business, organizational or personal press releases are different from a news article in that a news article is a compilation of facts developed by journalists and then published as news content within a given media outlet.
Tips for Converting your Blog Post to a Press Release
Here are some quick tips for converting your blog post to a press release.
- Use a Strong Headline - It's important to write a headline that will catch a reader's attention and drive them to read your release.
- Be Newsworthy - It's all about the content. Make sure your content is something that readers will find useful and want to learn more about.
- Writing the Body- If you are using this press release to drive traffic to a particular blog post, we suggest posting the first paragraph or two of the blog post and then including a link back to your blog post to read more.You'll want to make sure the body is interesting enough to drive the user to click the link to go to your blog and read more. If needed, you may need to rewrite the blog paragraphs you're including to reel in the reader before they lose interest.
- Use Links and Anchor Text- It should be your goal for the press release to drive the reader to take action. Usually this is in the form of a hyperlink that will take the user to your website or blog to continue reading your content or to make a purchase. You should hyperlink keywords in your release body to you website. If you are providing excerpts from your blog post in the release and linking back to your blog for the full text, we suggest adding a sentence like this at the end of your release:To read the rest of this blog post, go to:
http://www. YourSiteLink .com
- Be Visual - Using multimedia in a press release has been proven to increase a message's visibility up to 77%. We suggest using a photo or video whenever possible to maximize your content's visibility.
Writing a Press Release – Write to Impress
While it's very important to make sure your online press release efforts help boost your company's search engine rankings, it's also essential to consider what happens after people stumble upon your news releases.
In other words, don't forget that you're not just writing for search engines. Effective press releases are targeted toward both search engines and readers. After all, getting your information in front of Internet users is only half the battle—the content has to keep their attention (in a positive way) and make them want to click through to your site and learn more about your company.
Prweb's Guide to write a killer Press Prelease that will blow your traffic and opponents to moon, or maybe pluto ! ( yeah,i got carried away :D )
Guide to Writing Great Online News Releases Guide to Writing Great Online News Releases
You may now download "Guide to Writing Great Online News Releases" by clicking the link above. (The PDF will open in a new window.)
A Complete List of Best Free Press Release Sites
[caption id="attachment_322" align="aligncenter" width="439"] Best Press Pelease Sites - Top Fifteen - Upto page rank 6[/caption]
Some other compiled lists of press release sites-
- 148 Free Press Release Sites List
- up-to-date list of 70 working free press release websites on the internet.